APTIM Achievements in 2022
In 2022, we pushed the boundary of what we thought was possible as a company, both internally in our operations and externally in our projects.
The way that APTIM behaves as a company and as a community is inseparable from the way that we serve our clients. Two things make APTIM unique: our mission and our people. We help communities keep faith with our obligations to future generations by restoring the natural environment and making the built environment more sustainable, reliable, and resilient. Here are some of our notable achievements from 2022.
- January: Received 30 Innovative Brands of the Year awards from Silicon Review
- January: Received Inspiring Efficiency Education Award for our Focus on Energy project
- APTIM and Focus on Energy have partnered on energy efficiency and renewable energy projects which helped save over $370 million in energy costs for 128,000 Wisconsin residents and 6,100 commercial clients.
- February: Awarded a contract by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers for Construction of Municipal Wellhead Treatment and Municipal Water Connections to mitigate PFAS contamination in Mashpee and Falmouth, Massachusetts
- March: Received Business Achievement Award in Industry Leadership from Environmental Business Journal for launching the Sustainable Sport Index (SSI)
- By aggregating data from 17 percent of professional sports venues across North America, in addition to collegiate stadiums, the SSI report revealed first-of-its-kind trends, best practices, and common challenges of the sports industry in adopting more sustainable choices.
- April: Joined the effort to repair the 43-mile L-575 Levee and make it more resilient against any future flood-related events
- Our Critical Infrastructure team provided time-critical repairs to the 43-mile L-575 levee which crosses three states, including general repairs, structures inspections, and seepage well replacement to mitigate damaged caused by record flooding.
- May: Helped to Protect 30,000 Coastal Residents with Bayou Chene Floodgate
- The Bayou Chene Floodgate is the largest of its kind in the world. This $80 million project marks a longstanding collaboration between APTIM and the Louisiana Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority.
- May: Received ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award, for our Entergy New Orleans’ Energy Smart Program, Entergy Solutions Entergy Louisiana, and Focus On Energy projects
- Three of APTIM’s most successful energy projects, providing billions in economic benefits to millions of customers in their respective states, were recognized by the U.S. EPA and U.S. DOE with this prestigious award.
- June: Received 48 Safety Awards from the National Safety Council
- APTIM received 36 Perfect Record Awards, 10 Safety Leadership Awards, and two Million Hour Awards for our commitment to safety and incident prevention.
- June: Received Engineering News Record’s Top 400 Ranking
- “We thank ENR for including APTIM in its rankings again this year. APTIM earns these rankings and all other recognition only through the talents of our teammates and their commitment to our clients, communities, and to one another,” said APTIM Chairman and CEO Mark Fallon.
- July: Selected for 10-Year contract between City of Barstow and Fort Irwin
- July: Served More than 15,500 Hurricane Ida Survivors through Hurricane Ida Shelter Program
- August: Received Sebastian Sizgoric Technical Achievement Award to Coastal Engineer Zhifei Dong, PHD, for the multiple tools he helped to develop for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Headquarters’ Joint Airborne Lidar Bathymetry Technical Center of Expertise
- September: Completed a second successful summer with STRIVE
- In this program, nineteen students had the opportunity to gain experience and valuable insight into industry best practices through this 12-week internship program. Of those nineteen, five have accepted offers to continue working for APTIM. While the interns left the program with a wealth of knowledge and experience, our team members at APTIM also concluded the program having learned from these rising professionals.
- September: Received Diplomate Certification by the Coastal Engineering of the Academy of Coastal, Ocean, Port & Navigation Engineers, a subsidiary of the American Society of Civil Engineers, to Coastal Engineer and Program Manager Andrew Wycklendt
- September: Received NSC’s Green Cross for Safety Excellence Award semi-finalist
- September: Released our second Sustainable Sport Index Benchmarking Report, focused on the state of sustainability in the sports industry
- The survey based on self-reported data expanded to include tailgate and parking lot operations in their assessment.
- With a 25 percent increase in participation since 2021, the SSI Benchmarking Report is establishing long-term value to the sports industry by highlighting sustainability successes and opportunities for improvement.
- The report found that 78 percent of venues offer compostable foodware but only 38 percent of those offer compost bins.
- October: Administered the Denver E-bike Program, where we distributed 4,156 vouchers worth more than $4.1 million at local bike shops
- This revolutionary program is paving the way for cities around the nation to reach an electrified future.
- November: Received NSC’s Perfect Record Award for our Colorado Smelter Superfund Site project team
- November: Released Atlas of Disaster report in collaboration with Rebuild by Design, revealing that 90 percent of U.S. counties experienced a federal climate disaster between 2011 and 2021
- November: Celebrated and honored our 150 Veterans that we are fortunate to work alongside at APTIM every day.
- December: Celebrated Grand Opening of new headquarters on The Water Campus
Episode 1: Resiliency and the Infrastructure Bill
Episode 3: Coastal Restoration & Resiliency
Episode 4: The Sustainable Sport Index
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Connect with APTIM
Whether you are interested in a career or want to learn more about our capabilities, please submit your information below.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.