Startup & Commissioning
With decades of experience managing complex facility startups and commissioning worldwide, APTIM is the ideal partner to ensure your new operations commence smoothly, safely, and efficiently.
The startup and commissioning of new facilities or operations can be extremely complex, requiring extensive planning, coordination, and oversight across many different teams and stakeholders. Key challenges include managing tight deadlines and budgets, coordinating contractors and vendors across multiple areas, ensuring regulatory and safety compliance, and comprehensively testing all systems to identify any issues before full operations commence.
More Than 30 Years of Startup and Commissioning Expertise
Our approach relies on a solid program for training of operations personnel and a thorough understanding of the systems involved and the desired results. APTIM’s startup and commissioning services ensure that each facility, including building systems, is designed, constructed, and operating as intended. Tasks normally associated with this service category will be performed in accordance with our required four task phases: design, construction, acceptance, and post-acceptance as summarized below:
- Design Task Phase – Consult with the project designer, develop a design intent document for systems to be commissioned, and develop an initial commissioning plan. APTIM will also review preliminary and final facility designs and identify potential system performance problems relating to energy efficiency.
- Construction Task Phase – Prepare a detailed commission plan, review construction phase documentation to ensure specifications and requirements are met and implement pre-functional testing.
- Acceptance Task Phase – Perform functional testing per the commissioning test plan to demonstrate systems and equipment are operating efficiently and according to design intent.
- Post-Acceptance Task Phase – Prepare comprehensive operations and maintenance manuals to ensure the project is operated and maintained in accordance with design intent.
Areas of APTIM’s Startup and Commissioning Expertise
We provide extensive startup and commissioning experience gained through successful startup of mechanical and electrical equipment in the oil and gas, HVAC, fire protection, and environmental industries. Our in-house engineers and technicians support the complete commissioning process for:
- Aviation direct refueling systems
- Backup power generation equipment
- Environmental treatment systems
- Filtration equipment
- Fire alarm systems
- Fire water pumping and control systems
- Fuel distribution systems
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment
- Large atmospheric storage tanks
- Mechanical and pneumatic control valves and equipment
- Process pumping systems – fuels, chemical, and water
- Programmable logic controls (PLC) systems
- Wastewater treatment
APTIM’s comprehensive portfolio of solutions for oil and gas infrastructure, fuel systems, reliability centered maintenance, and turnaround and outage management, paired with our unparalleled expertise with diverse facilities and infrastructures worldwide makes us the ideal partner to optimize your startup and commissioning project.
APTIM. In Pursuit of Better.