Energy Smart, Entergy New Orleans Energy Efficiency Program
APTIM helps Energy Smart, Entergy New Orleans' energy efficiency program deliver solutions to create energy-efficient communities, continuously empowering them to become more sustainable.
Comprehensive and Innovative Energy Efficiency Program Administered and Implemented by APTIM
Energy Smart is the comprehensive energy efficiency program that helps Entergy New Orleans residential and business electric customers save energy and money by reducing the upfront costs of energy efficiency upgrades through valuable cash incentives. The program was developed by the New Orleans City Council and is administered by Entergy New Orleans, a subsidiary of the Entergy Corporation that provides electricity to approximately 209,000 customers and natural gas to approximately 110,000 customers in Orleans Parish.
APTIM was selected as the Third-Party Administrator in 2017 and rapidly established partnerships to provide comprehensive program delivery for the Energy Smart portfolio. APTIM designed and established program budgets and energy saving targets aligned with Entergy New Orleans priorities including new goals around diversity, broad participation among underserved markets, and workforce development initiatives. In addition, the program has expanded its portfolio offerings to include appliance recycling, online marketplaces and new construction.
Entergy New Orleans Accomplishments with APTIM:
- In 2018, APTIM’s first full year as TPA, Energy Smart met 109% of energy savings goal utilizing 86% of the program incentive budget.
- Achieved a 14% increase in energy savings over the course of a single program year.
- Transitioned many custom offerings to prescriptive to simplify and ease the participation path for customers and trade allies.
- More than doubled the number of non-residential training events and nearly tripled the number of technical training hours provided by the program.
- Established partnerships with five local workforce development agencies to drive job creation in New Orleans.
- Increased supplier diversity with 24% of non-residential projects being delivered by trade allies holding diverse supplier certifications.
- Awarded ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award in 2022
- Awarded ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award Award in 2020 and 2021
- Awarded Gold Hermes Creative Award for Outstanding Website in 2019
- Awarded LifeCity Certified Sustainable Business in 2018
Contract Scope/Services Provided:
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
- Income-Qualified Weatherization
- Multifamily Solutions
- A/C Solutions
- Appliance Recycling Pilot
- Energy Smart Online Marketplace
- Retail Lighting and Appliance
- Behavioral Rewards
- EasyCool (Demand Response)
Commercial and Industrial Programs
- Large Commercial and Industrial Solutions
- Small Commercial Solutions
- New Construction
APTIM Utility Program Administration
As the Third-Party Administrator, APTIM is responsible for contracting with and managing all subcontractors, vendors, and Trade Ally Network. This diverse group includes program implementation subcontractors, as well as vendors involved in engineering analyses, low-income community outreach, trade ally training, and providing supplies for energy efficiency kits.
**As of December 31, 2021
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Connect with APTIM
Learn more about our utility program administration and energy efficiency capabilities.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.