With a long history of addressing emerging contaminants, APTIM provides comprehensive solutions to complex per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) problems in the government, commercial, and industrial markets.
Customers in government, industrial, and commercial markets face significant challenges when addressing per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and other emerging contaminants. These challenges include detecting PFAS at extremely low levels, understanding health impacts, developing cost-effective treatment solutions, and navigating evolving regulations. Managing stakeholder concerns around water quality and safety is also a major challenge.
APTIM’s Approach to Addressing Your PFAS Challenges
Made up of industry-leading chemists, engineers, and program managers, our team stays current on evolving regulations and compliance requirements, researches the latest developments in analytical methods, and provides expertise for evaluation, design, and construction of treatment systems for various PFAS compounds.
- Utilizing our fire protection expertise, we identify and implement aqueous film forming foam (AFFF) system replacement strategies.
- We are deeply invested in identification of solutions with our research laboratories developing and evaluating technical solutions firmly embedded in advanced science.
- We are seasoned in rapid response to assess, design, and implement construction and operation solutions for PFAS-affected drinking water sources.
- We understand that critical decisions are made based upon data and place high emphasis on data quality.
Industry-leading Remediation Services for PFAS and Other Emerging Contaminants
- Site Assessment – APTIM performs site investigations to assess the extent of PFAS spills/releases and to understand the specific technical components associated with fate and transport of PFAS compounds. We provide trusted consulting services for your Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act/Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act, Clean Air Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, Toxic Substances Control Act, stormwater, drinking water, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act compliance.
- Mitigation of PFAS from Drinking Water – APTIM designs and constructs treatment systems for the removal of PFAS compounds from drinking water sources.
- Replacement of AFFF Systems – APTIM plans and implements strategies to clean C8 AFFF systems and replace with alternative products.
- Landfill Leachate Management – APTIM works with the solid waste industry to assess, manage, and mitigate impacted landfill leachate.
- Research and Development – APTIM performs research and development on in-situ and ex-situ PFAS treatment in soil and groundwater and has numerous published papers on these studies.
With the significant regulatory and technical challenges of PFAS, we are a trusted advisor in the assessment, evaluation, planning, and implementation of mitigation measures for your remediation projects.
APTIM. In Pursuit of Better.