Our extraordinary people, work ethic, and safety culture allow APTIM to rank among the top environmental and construction firms around the globe and win countless awards for workplace safety each year.
Engineering News-Record Rankings
Engineering News-Record (ENR) provides the engineering and construction news, analysis, commentary, and data that construction industry professionals need to do their jobs more effectively. ENR reports on the top architectural and engineering design firms and the top construction companies, as well as projects in the U.S. and around the world.
- Top 20 Hazardous Waste Contractors (#4)
- Top 20 Petroleum Contractors (#9)
- Top 50 Contractors Working Abroad (#20)
- Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors (#49)
- Top 100 Contractors by New Contracts (#90)
- Top 400 Contractors (#94)
- Top 50 Program Management Firms (#10)
- Top 200 Environmental Firms (#31)
- Top 10 Environmental Management (#7)
- Top 20 Environmental Firms: Hazardous Waste (#15)
- Top 10 Firms By Client: Federal (#7)
- Top 4 Contractors: Nuclear Waste (#2)
- Top 15 Contractors: Hazardous Waste (#3)
- Top 30 Contractors: Petroleum (#16)
- Top 15 Contractors: Petroleum Maintenance (#7)
- Top 25 Contractors: Petroleum Refineries and Petrochem Plants (#11)
- Top 50 Contractors Working Abroad (#26)
- Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors (#48)
- Top 100 Contractors by New Contracts (#54)
- Top 400 Contractors (#89)
2021 National Safety Council Awards
The National Safety Council (NSC) is America’s leading nonprofit safety advocate focusing on eliminating the leading causes of preventable death while on worksites. Each year, NSC recognizes organizations helping make communities, workplaces, and roads in the U.S. safer.
- 36 Perfect Record Awards
- NSC recognizes projects that have completed a period of at least 12 consecutive months without incurring an occupational injury or illness that resulted in days away from work or death.
- 10 Safety Leadership Awards
- NSC recognizes organizations that have achieved five or more consecutive years without an occupational injury or illness resulting in days away from work.
- Two Million Hour Awards
- NSC recognizes organizations that have completed a period of at least 1 million consecutive work hours without an occupational injury or illness resulting in days away from work.
Two APTIM projects received all three awards:
- The Coastwide Reference Monitoring System project took place between February 2004 and June 2021. APTIM provided extensive coastal science and engineering capabilities, program and construction management, and resilience expertise to help restore and protect Louisiana coastlines.
- The High Desert Support Services project took place between January 2013 and June 2021. APTIM lead the joint venture supporting Fort Irwin, Calif., with program and construction management for military personnel, as well as key operational and training facilities.
“ These awards are a testament to our employees’ commitment to hold themselves and each other accountable, to promote APTIM’s safety culture, and to empower one another to make the right decision — even if it isn’t always the easiest one. If we can’t do it safely, we won’t do it.”
- Jeff Thompson, Senior VP of HSE
2021 Canadian Safety Achievement Awards
- General Presidents' Safety Excellence Award - Spring 2020 (Learn More)
- The General Presidents’ Safety Excellence Award represents the most prestigious and comprehensive award under the Canadian Safety Achievement Awards (CS2A) banner. It seeks to recognize top performing participants who achieve the lowest total recordable incident rating for all craft hours executed under the General Presidents' Maintenance Agreement (GPMA) and National Maintenance Agreement (NMA) annually.
- Tripartite Zero (Recordable) Injury Turnaround Award - Suncor Base Plant - Fall 2020 Turnaround (Learn More)
- The Tripartite Zero Recordable Injury Turnaround Award seeks to recognize the collaborative efforts of stakeholders for executing a major turnaround or outage event without sustaining a recordable injury.
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.