Focus on Energy
For over 10 years, APTIM has worked with Focus on Energy to implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects for Wisconsin residents and commercial clients.
Empowering Energy Efficiency
As administrator of the Focus on Energy program, APTIM is responsible for overall contract management and coordination of program solutions, umbrella marketing and communication activities, utility coordination, and reporting to the Statewide Energy Efficiency and Renewables Administration (SEERA), the nonprofit board created to fulfill the utilities duties for Focus, and the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSC).
Focus on Energy’s work results in significant quantifiable energy and cost savings. Since the program’s inception, more than 2.8 million Wisconsin companies and residents have benefited. Focus on Energy has helped save over $370 million in energy costs.
By implementing cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, enhancing local infrastructure, and providing energy management services, Focus on Energy reduces Wisconsin’s reliance on coal and natural gas while creating jobs and empowering sustainable energy decisions.
Focus on Energy’s Accomplishments with APTIM:
- Wisconsin has received more than $1 billion in net economic benefits from Focus on Energy.
- More than 128,000 homeowners and 6,100 businesses took part in Focus on Energy last year.
- Focus on Energy programs provide Wisconsin with more than $4 in benefits for every $1 invested.
- Annual energy savings total almost 500 million kilowatt hours and more than 15 million therms in 2021.
- Since 2011, Focus on Energy incentives and technical support have prevented 69 million tons of carbon dioxide from entering the atmosphere. The program has decreased emissions in Wisconsin by the same amount as removing 15 million automobiles off the road.
Scope of APTIM’s Energy Efficiency Capabilities:
APTIM Utility Program Administration:
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, APTIM oversees program design, subcontractor contract compliance, performance management, planning, evaluation, marketing, stakeholder outreach, research, education, and training. APTIM has built technology infrastructures for online data collection, forecasting, content management, incentive processing, customer relationship management, and more. APTIM is responsible for managing all facets of procurement, contracting, and compliance of subcontracted program implementers. We facilitate coordination and collaboration between program stakeholders including, but not limited to, utilities, trade ally contractors, and environmental advocacy groups.
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Connect with APTIM
To learn more about our utility program administration and energy efficiency capabilities.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.