For more than 30 years, APTIM scientists and program specialties have been delivering laboratory support and industry-leading research for federal clients all over the United States.
APTIM develops EPA-approved test methods for use in laboratories throughout the U.S. and provides quality analytic and quality control support for 10 EPA regions. APTIM has done environmental technology evaluations for the EPA, developed tests and protocols for EPA drinking water standards, as well as supported EPA technical publication and presentations. APTIM can also provide microbiological contaminant technical support.
APTIM Laboratory Operations and Services Around the United States
Biotechnology Development and Applications Group (BDAG)
Located in Lawrenceville, New Jersey, BDAG provides support under contracts from the EPA, Department of Defense (DoD) environmental research programs, SERDP and ESTCP, as well as other federal entities. APTIM’s focus on applied technology provides state-of-the-art proven and innovative solutions to develop and implement tailored, cost-effective remedies at sites with a wide variety of contaminants and characteristics. We bring:
- In-house capabilities as the US’s largest provider of bioaugmentation cultures, with focus on microbial cultures for remediation of chlorinated solvents.
- The ability to conduct advanced environmental research and technology applications in our 17,000-square-foot laboratory.
- Demonstrated expertise self-performing design, implementation, and optimization of full-scale in situ remedies, including thermal, stabilization, bioremediation, chemical reduction, and chemical oxidation.
- A highly experienced low-level radiological remediation contractor, with over $1 billion of work at Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) locations.
APTIM’s BDAG is available to help our project and program managers provide best value to the EPA through evaluating and pilot-testing various environmental technologies tailored to address specific site contaminants and environmental conditions. Through our research and development work at this laboratory, APTIM has developed bioaugmentation cultures that include our proprietary dechlorinating microbial consortium SDC-9™, and other cultures that degrade a variety of chlorinated solvents and organic contaminants APTIM is the country’s largest supplier of bioaugmentation cultures, providing this technology to remediation contractors nationwide through various bioremediation amendment vendors.
EPA Test & Evaluation (T&E) Facility
Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, APTIM provides the following laboratory operations support and research:
- Analytical chemistry laboratory support
- Chemical, biochemical, and physical analysis support
- Technical support for biological and physical sciences research
- Field sampling
- Operation of experimental facilities
- Statistical analysis support
- Synthesis and integration
- Technical information transfer
- Implementation and management of EPA safety, health, and environmental management (SHEM) program.
EPA Quality Assurance Technical Support (QATS) Program
Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, APTIM provides quality assurance support to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI) Analytical Services Branch (ASB). This includes support to ASB in their management of the EPA Contract Laboratory Program (CLP) and support to the 10 EPA Regions in assessing laboratory performance.
The QATS Program facilities include a full service analytical laboratory dedicated to prepare, test, store, and distribute PES/RM materials as required by contract.
- The facility features:
- 18,500 square feet of laboratory and office space
- PES/RM sample storage repository
- Asbestos sample storage repository
- Containment laboratory for handling highly
- Hazardous materials
- Audit area for electronic and hard copy data audits
- Data materials storage
- 50-person conference room
- The QATS Program products and services fall under five task areas:
- Performance Evaluation Samples / Reference Materials (PES/RMS)
- Data audits
- On-site audits
- Methods development
- Logistical and administrative support
Naval Laboratories across the United States
Through contracts for operations support, preventive and integrated maintenance services, water and waste water management, hazardous waste management, compliance, site assessment, and remediation, APTIM provides laboratory and program management support to various Naval facilities across the United States.
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.