APTIM provides full-service expertise for addressing Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS), including:
- Site investigation and modeling
- Risk assessment
- Technology selection and design for mitigation
- Construction and operation of treatment systems
- Providing alternate water supplies
- Emergency response for PFAS-contaminated drinking water
The current regulatory focus has been on protection of water supplies from perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS). These are just two of a larger PFAS family, and individual states are enacting advisories or regulations regarding these and other PFAS.
Our PFAS Center of Excellence (COE) keeps current on evolving regulations, and our chemists and engineers provide evaluation, design, and treatment system construction for various PFAS compounds.
- Site Investigation/Modeling
- Design And Construction Of Water Treatment Systems
- Technology Evaluation And Demonstration
- Treatment System Operation & Maintenance
- Aqueous Film-Forming Foam