APTIM is ready to assist our clients with navigating the federal funding landscape to help you address critical infrastructure, recover from disasters, build more resilient communities, and implement sustainable energy programs.
For nearly forty years, communities across the nation have turned to the grants management professionals of APTIM.
APTIM’s team, which includes subject-matter experts in federal funding regulations, policies, and requirements, grant managers, program managers, resilience leaders, and engineers allows us to provide the unique service of helping clients develop and assess projects, identify funding, complete applications, and provide eligibility determinations and grant management support.
Our ability to assist our clients with their grant management needs includes:
- Trusted Advisors: Our team members bring decades of federal grants management experience providing strategic policy advisory services against potential Office of Inspector General (OIG) audits reducing the likelihood of project de-obligations.
- Collaboration with All Stakeholders: By working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, our objective is to reduce delays, avoid appeals, and maximize/prioritize funding. In addition, several of our key staff have years of prior experience working at state and city level grant management departments.
- Exceptional Grant Management Software and Skills: APTIM offers adept and highly engaged grant management specialists, with extensive federal grants experience including specific experience addressing the economic needs of our clients. Additionally, APTIM will provide multiple customizable, interactive database application options. These applications have proven valuable in economic recovery cost tracking and financial management.
- Dedicated Subject Matter Experts: Our grant management team of experts have worked for federal, state, and local clients and are ready to move forward to provide our support.
APTIM’s Federal Grants Management Process
Our process allows clients to focus on available funding streams for current and future projects. Together, with our in-house funding and eligibility specialists who have experience in accessing funds, eligibility determinations, and application writing, we are well positioned to assist our clients in accessing funds that may be available to them and maximizing funding flexibility for important projects.
Our detailed management approach is based on:
- Identification of Needs: To identify a client’s needs, APTIM will discuss needs with the client along with reviewing the capital budget, impacts from recent disasters, any hazard mitigation plans, and other documentation to identify important recovery and resiliency projects that should be funded. These projects will be included in a crosswalk for analysis of funding opportunities.
- Identification of Funding Opportunities and Eligible Projects: With your needs identified, our team will review the project details to find funding opportunities and determine which projects would be eligible for the various sources of funds available. Using our strong working knowledge of applicable state, local, and federal regulations we will be able to identify which projects would be eligible for a specific funding source. As part of the assessment, we will rank the different funding options (FEMA, HUD, Infrastructure Bill, etc.) available to address the client’s needs, outline if there are multiple sources of funds available for a certain project and advise on how to access all funding opportunities.
- Project Assessment and Application Process: In addition to identifying which funding sources can be used, the APTIM Team, working with internal and external stakeholders, will review each project to determine project readiness and which projects have the best return on investment. We will do this by doing analyses required by federal funders such as a benefit cost analysis (BCA) as well as using a resiliency checklist and other tools to show how a project can meet resiliency goals. Our process allows clients to find and allocate funding against the most vulnerable assets allowing infrastructure and communities to be more resilient.
- Additional Support: Once clients are successful in being awarded funds, there are detailed compliance requirements and coordination required between the federal grant entity, state management agency, the local government, environmental regulatory agencies, and the community. APTIM can continue to assist clients through this phase and has a full range of Grant Administration and Project Management Services—such as financial management, policy and procedures development, intake and eligibility, compliance, environmental, technical assistance, action plan development and amendments, construction oversight, monitoring, reporting, and development of performance metrics.
Partnering with APTIM for Extraordinary Outcomes
By selecting APTIM, you have partnered with one of the most experienced turnkey grant management contractors in the world. You can be assured APTIM will assist your needs with the difficult task of long-term recovery by helping you assess economic advances, while maximizing the funds as well as other federal funding sources.
We are confident in our ability to assist our clients with managing the various funding streams, determining funding priorities and minimizing delays when applying for funding.
Federal funding opportunities within the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) – Learn more.
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Submit a Request
To speak with a member of our Grant Management team.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's environmental newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.