APTCast | Episode 6 | The Atlas of Disaster
Please enjoy APTCast, APTIM's podcast series which brings discussion and critical insight on key issues that affect the world around us, and highlights our teammates and the extraordinary work that we do.
APTIM and Rebuild by Design Team Up to Discuss Findings in Ground-Breaking Disaster Report
Ninety percent of U.S. counties have experienced a federal climate disaster between 2011-2021, with some having as many as 12 disasters during that time. In 2021 alone, the U.S. experienced 20 separate billion-dollar climate disasters with over 688 direct or indirect fatalities. We can do better. Senior Director of Resilience Paul Tschirky is joined by Greg Coffman, SVP, Environmental & Energy Solutions, and Amy Chester with Rebuild By Design in an engaging discussion regarding The Atlas Of Disaster report.
Other Ways To Listen:
More Than 30 Years of Resilience and Disaster Management Expertise
For decades, APTIM, an award-winning, nationally recognized leader in disaster recovery, coastal engineering, grants management, flood mitigation, and program management, has taken a holistic approach to resilience, understanding that multiple systems impact the success or failure of a community victimized by storms. Our layered systems approach comes from an emergency management and mitigation perspective, coastal resilience expertise, and building not just energy efficient communities but also safe-guarding energy sources in major disasters.
With thousands of employees in strategic locations nationwide, we have established a strong reputation of providing the extensive resources needed to assist you in the preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation from all hazards.
- Coastal Resilience
- Emergency Management and Disaster Services
- Grants Management
- Port Infrastructure and Equipment
- Routine and Predictive Maintenance
- Waterways and Flood Control
The APTIM Advantage
- Adaptable: We can support every level of an organization, from a single facility to an entire enterprise and its supply chain.
- Collaborative: Our approach combines innovation, technology, and best practices to deliver unsurpassed outcomes for clients. Working together, we will assess clients’ operations to better understand their unique challenges and respond with fit-for-purpose and cost-effective solutions.
- Custom Solutions: We tailor our services to our clients’ unique needs, ensuring goal achievement for their businesses, communities, and the environment.
- Whole Systems Sustainability: We work with clients to identify opportunities and solutions by looking at the entire system, not individual operations. The result are programs that save resources, inspire innovations, and benefit the whole organization.
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Connect with APTIM
Get in touch with our resilience team to learn more about how we are helping federal, state, and commercial clients address the unique challenges they face when confronted with climate-related risks.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.