Startup and Commissioning
At APTIM, we believe that no project can be considered successful until the facility is brought to efficient and permanent operation.
Startup and Commissioning
Commissioning is the process of ensuring that systems are designed, installed, functionally tested, and capable of being operated and maintained to perform in conformity with design intent. Our approach to a facility’s startup and commissioning relies on a solid program for training of operations personnel and a thorough understanding of the systems involved and the desired results.
APTIM’s commissioning services for construction will ensure that each facility, including building systems, is designed, constructed and operating as intended. Tasks normally associated with this service category will be performed in accordance with our required four task phases: design, construction, acceptance, and post-acceptance as summarized below:
- Design Task Phase – Consult with the project designer, develop a design intent document for systems to be commissioned, and develop an initial commissioning plan. APTIM will also review preliminary and final facility designs and identify potential system performance problems relating to energy efficiency.
- Construction Task Phase – Prepare a detailed commission plan, review construction phase documentation to ensure specifications and requirements are met, and implement pre-functional testing.
- Acceptance Task Phase – Perform functional testing per the commissioning test plan to demonstrate systems and equipment are operating efficiently and according to design intent.
- Post-Acceptance Task Phase – Prepare comprehensive operations and maintenance manuals to ensure the project is operated and maintained in accordance with design intent.
Partnering with APTIM to Ensure You Successfully Startup and Commission Your Operations
We provide extensive startup and commissioning experience gained through successful startup of mechanical and electrical equipment in the oil and gas, HVAC, fire protection, and environmental industries. Our in-house engineers and technicians support the complete commissioning process for:
- Fuel distribution systems
- Programmable logic controls systems
- Process pumping systems – fuels, chemical, and water
- Mechanical and pneumatic control valves and equipment
- Backup power generation equipment
- Large atmospheric storage tanks
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment
- Fire water pumping and control systems
- Fire alarm systems
- Aviation direct refueling systems
- Environmental treatment systems
- Wastewater treatment
- Filtration equipment
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Submit a Request
To learn more about APTIM's startup and commissioning capabilities, please submit a request using the form below.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's environmental newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.