EPA Taking More Action On The CCR Rule
The EPA is taking its first major action towards Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR) closures.
What Do The Updated CCR Rules Mean For The Industry?
The January 11 actions addressing Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR) include:
- Proposing decisions on requests for extensions to the current deadline for initiating closure of unlined CCR surface impoundments;
- Putting several facilities on notice regarding their obligations to comply with CCR regulations;
- Laying out plans for future regulatory actions to ensure coal ash impoundments meet strong environmental and safety standards.
The proposed determinations re-state EPA’s consistently held position that surface impoundments or landfills cannot be closed with coal ash in contact with groundwater. Read the full article here.
APTIM’s Environmental Construction Group Can Help
At APTIM, we stand ready to provide you with effective, value-added solutions to your CCR projects in full compliance with Federal and Local regulatory requirements.
Our Environmental Construction Group has taken the lead in environmental construction services since the early 1980s and integrated this extensive background and knowledge into a strong portfolio of CCR closure projects.
APTIM provides a full range of CCR / Environmental Construction services to all sectors of the power industry as well as public and private customers. These services include the following:
- CCR new landfill/impoundment construction
- CCR landfill closure: closure/cap in place and closure by removal
- CCR handling, management, transportation, and disposal
- Beneficial reuse
- Dewatering/water management
- Storm water management/erosion and sediment control
- Groundwater extraction and treatment
- HDPE pipe conveyance system Installation
- Environmental treatment systems
- Stabilization and solidification (in-situ and ex-situ)
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Connect With APTIM
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's environmental newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.