APTIM heads to the 2023 FSBPA Conference on Beach Preservation Technology
The Florida Shore and Beach Preservation Association will be hosting its 36th Annual National Conference on Beach Preservation Technology from February 1 - 3 in Fort Myers, Florida.
APTIM’s Coastal Sciences and Engineering is geared up for this year’s FSBPA event. As proud partner-level sponsors, we look forward look forward to connecting with industry peers, local businesses, and federal, state, and county representatives. Nicole Sharp, coastal market lead and 2023 ex-officio board member who represents the coastal engineering sector for FSBPA, will be accompanied by an extraordinary team of subject matter experts on all things coastal resilience.
- Douglas Mann, lead coastal engineer
- Stephen Keehn, senior coastal engineer
- Doris Otero, project manager and coastal engineer
- James Austin, coastal engineer
- Zhifei Dong, coastal engineer
- Recipient of the Sebastian Sizgoric Technical Achievement Award, which recognizes multiple tools Zhifei helped to develop for the US Army Corps of Engineers’ Joint Airborne Lidar Bathymetry Technical Center of Expertise (JALBTCX) that extract metrics and quantify beach changes from lidar data along the U.S. coast. The tools have greatly aided the industry’s understanding of coastal change utilizing the dense lidar datasets collected by JALBTCX.
APTIM Presentations at FSBPA’s 36th Annual National Conference on Beach Preservation Technology
- February 1
- 2:45 p.m. “Emergency Assessment of Coastal Changes Caused by Hurricane Ian”
- 4:15 p.m. “Captiva Island Coastal Impacts from Hurricane Ian and the Path to Recovery”
- February 2
- 8:45 a.m. “Application of the Longshore Transport Curve for Coastal Structure Improvements at Coquina Beach in Manatee County, Florida”
- 9:05 a.m. “Coastal Structures Alternatives Analysis for Shoreline Stabilization Using the Delft3D Model – Coquina Beach and Longboat Pass Jetty Case Study”
- 9:25 a.m. “Lessons Revisited on the Interaction of Beach Nourishment and Terminal Structures”
- 1:20 p.m. “Indian River County Sector 3 Beach and Dune Restoration Project: 2021-22 Project and Post-Ian Update”
- 3:50 p.m. “Coastal Impacts and Recovery Plans for Collier County, Florida from Hurricane Ian”
A Comprehensive Portfolio for Coastal Protection
APTIM offers fully-integrated, multidisciplinary engineering and scientific solutions for all types of coastal projects around the globe. We are a team engineers, biologists, geologists, geophysicists, surveyors, computer-aided design (CAD) professionals, and geographic information systems (GIS) specialists working with both government and private clients on beach, marsh, coastal/marine structures, and coastal science/management solutions. Our service line is made up of the five submarket disciplines:
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Connect with APTIM
Learn more about our turn-key, multi-disciplined approach for coastal restoration and resilience.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.