Sustainable Sport Index
Click the plus sign to see additional information.
Sustainable Sport Index (SSI) is a first-of-its-kind initiative, using self-reported survey data to analyze the environmental and social practices of professional, minor league, and collegiate sports venues to produce an anonymized benchmarking report.
Sign up to receive the 2023 Sustainable Sport Index Report when it is made available later this year!
To advance environmental and social sustainability practices in the sports industry by establishing industry benchmarks, sharing best practices, and fostering peer collaboration.
Our Game Plan
Unlike peer publications, SSI is not a certification, award, or ranking. The anonymized report is intended to provide a state of the industry and encourage all venues to participate, regardless of where they are in their sustainability plans.
- Setting Pace: Through a detailed survey, SSI will collect information and data related to the sustainability of venue and team operations, programs, and initiatives.
- Keeping Score: Reporting is delivered in two ways: a public-facing benchmarking report, reflecting anonymized analysis and industry trends, and confidential reports delivered to participants for customized comparisons against the data of other respondents.
- End Game: We believe in the adage, “You can’t manage what you don’t measure.” SSI aims to increase the awareness of the environmental and social practices of sports venues and support actionable improvements.
Our 2022 benchmarking report includes analysis of the sustainability practices of participants, based on self-reported data on energy, waste, water, food and beverage, cleaning practices, communications, fan engagement, community engagement, diversity, and more. Download the 2022 SSI Report.
The SSI Benchmarking Report is a thought leadership publication produced by APTIM. Participation and reports are available at no cost. APTIM can provide additional support to our participants to set targets, implement programs, and manage data collection through the following services:
- Strategy Planning & Development
- Sustainability Action Planning
- Climate Action Planning
- Sustainability Reporting
- ESG Questionnaire and Ratings Support
- Policy Assessment & Formulation
- Environmental Justice Risk Assessment
- ESG Policy Development
- Grant and Incentive Management
- Performance Evaluation
- Sustainability Assessments
- Waste Characterization, Minimization, and Diversion
- Energy Efficiency
- Data Analysis and Management
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.