Senate Bill 1383: City of Davis
APTIM has provided comprehensive solid waste audits, planning, and program implementation services for over 60 public agencies representing over 10 million people in 16 states.
To support the City of Davis on their organic waste collection efforts in compliance with Senate Bill (SB) 1383, our Waste Minimization team has:
- Conducted desktop solid waste audits for just under 50,000 accounts
- Managed data from 1,000 commercial and residential accounts
- Tracked 32 trash, recycling, and organics routes in the city
For the City of Davis Public Works Utilities and Operations Department SB 1383 Route Review Evaluation Services project, APTIM collected and analyzed data from randomly selected residential and commercial accounts, as required by the regulation. To accurately manage this data, APTIM developed a customized route review platform and survey tool to capture commercial and residential account data, contaminants found or not found, and cart/bin tagging information. This customized platform allowed staff to watch the field team move through residential and commercial routes in real time. As each audit was completed, all associated documentation collected in the field was instantly updated into the system, providing an immediate, comprehensive overview of APTIM field staff performing inspections.
- Comprehensive solid waste, recycling, and organics services
- Start-to-finish programs and infrastructure grant management services
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 commercial edible food generator compliance
- Organics collection and recordkeeping
- Education and outreach
Learn more about APTIM’s Waste Minimization services.
APTIM. In Pursuit of Better.
Connect with APTIM
Speak to a member of our Waste Minimization or Environmental Compliance & Consulting teams.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.