Architecture and Engineering
Whether it's protecting coastlines and communities from rising waters, ensuring environmental and safety regulations are met prior to construction, designing civil infrastructure to be both sustainable and resilient, or maintaining the landscape, APTIM has the certified engineers to get the job done right.
APTIM’s Vast Portfolio of Architecture and Engineering Services
At APTIM, our charter is to serve our clients by providing technology-driven professional engineering, design, and construction services to federal customers. We do this by driving innovation and harnessing the power of technology for better outcomes.
We engineer for tomorrow. APTIM has a long history of working closely with customers in the federal, state, local, and private sectors to provide sound professional engineering services that adhere to structural, environmental, safety, and sustainability requirements. Our Architecture and Engineering (A&E) licenses and capabilities are catered to Department of Defense (DoD) projects around the country. Our teams are strategically located across the country, ready to assist and support our clients’ efforts to achieve compliance with current and future regulatory requirements for energy efficiency and infrastructure resiliency.
Our full spectrum of engineering services supports you in building efficient, safe, and productive infrastructure. Some of the more than 70 high-level engineering services we can provide are, for example:
- Civil Engineering: Coastal, earth work, environmental remediation, geotechnical, storm water management, water supply, sanitary sewer, erosion and sediment control, site development, roadways and layout
- Construction Technology: Field engineering, fabrication drawings, lifting and rigging design, vessel and tank modifications, modularization and sub-assembly planning, welding and materials engineering, and demolition design
- DOE Facilities Engineering: Deactivation and decommissioning, Industrial ventilation systems, planning studies, structural modifications to existing facilities, fire protection, process design, mitigation of high-hazard activities
- Structural Engineering: Structural design and analysis, industrial building structures, concrete, and masonry structures, two- and three-dimensional structural modeling
- Electrical Engineering: Power distribution systems, microgrid design, communication and security systems, green building design, lighting and surge protection, plant commissioning and startup, photovoltaic system design
- Mechanical Engineering: HVAC system design, energy management, water and wastewater treatment, chemical and process piping, groundwater extraction and treatment systems, utility piping design
- Process Engineering: Chemical, munitions systems, nuclear, hazardous waste, safety analysis
- Fuel Systems Engineering: Aboveground and underground storage tanks design, inspection of tank and piping systems in accordance with API standards, Bulk fuel transfer pump stations, containment areas, fuel hydrant and direct fueling points, fuel system controls, marine facility loading, skid mounted systems, tanker and railcar loading systems (Learn More)
- Fire Protection Engineering: Fire protection system design and assessment, fire hazard analysis, Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) transition to fluorine free alternatives, fire code consulting, fire protection system construction oversight, system acceptance, and commissioning (Learn More)
Our team takes a collaborative approach tailoring project management into the engineering and design of every project. Our leadership and certified professionals in all engineering disciplines allow us to develop unique solutions for the complex problems you face.
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Submit a Request
To learn more about APTIM's A&E capabilities, please submit a request using the form below.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's environmental newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.