Mitigation is the cornerstone of effective emergency management and risk reduction—a long-term strategy for creating safer and resilient communities.
Hazard Mitigation Services
Now more than ever, communities need to ensure hazard mitigation is implemented to better prepare for future extreme weather events, which are becoming more prevalent. It is vital that organizations work with a partner that possesses reputable experience in building communities back stronger after disaster strikes. APTIM’s team of nationally recognized disaster recovery experts has the knowledge required to manage a federally funded, long-term recovery program and meet the needs of disaster survivors more quickly and efficiently within their communities.
APTIM provides end-to-end hazard mitigation program support and the flexibility to address emerging issues that could jeopardize project implementation and funding. We help our clients execute mitigation actions to reduce or prevent the negative impacts of disasters. From an emergency management perspective, we offer the following mitigation services:
- Hazard mitigation plan development
- Quantitative and geospatial analysis of risk of infrastructure, utilities, and community assets
- Return-on-investment analyses and economic benefit assessments for mitigation solutions
- Resilience hub siting and public-private partnership development support
- Hazard mitigation assistance grant programs assistance
- Capital program development and multisector mitigation implementation program management
- Strategic mitigation and resiliency advice
- Stakeholder outreach, committee staffing support, and consensus facilitation on projects
- Construction, engineering, and environmental mitigation solutions and management
APTIM Is a Fully-integrated Disaster Solutions Partner
Whether you are a federal, state, or local entity, a commercial client, an inland or coastal community, APTIM has the teams and decades of expertise to provide comprehensive emergency management and disaster services, including grants management, contingency construction, coastal restoration and protection, and engineering. For more information on these capabilities, click any of the links below.
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Submit a Request
Learn more about our comprehensive emergency management and disaster services.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.