Entergy—Arkansas Nuclear One Generating Station
APTIM provides best-in-class maintenance, modification, and construction services to Entergy at the Arkansas Nuclear One nuclear power plant located on Lake Dardanelles just outside Russellville, Arkansas. The station is a two-unit pressurized water reactor site, with each unit producing 950 MW, and is the only nuclear power plant in Arkansas.
Scope of services:
- Modification and supplemental maintenance services, capital projects
- Arkansas asbestos contractor (licensed)
Staff/Craft Levels: 20/700—Outage 5/95—Non-outage
The next outage is scheduled for the fall of 2016.
Representative tasks include:
- Mechanical modifications
- Electrical modifications
- ISI support
- Turbine generator overhaul support
- Snubber testing
- Plant painting
- Main condenser tube bundle
- High-pressure feedwater heater replacement
- Feedwater venturi replacement
- Preheat/postweld heat treatment
- Dry fuel storage support
- Control room chiller replacement
- Scaffold training and erection
- Valve maintenance and modifications
- Intake traveling screen replacement/modification
- Asbestos abatement projects
- Lead abatement projects
In addition to Arkansas Nuclear One, APTIM provides the maintenance and modification services to the Entergy North and South Nuclear fleets. APTIM enjoys a successful relationship with Entergy, a strategic account. We have supported numerous refuel outages and forced outages over the past several years. APTIM utilizes mixed craft for certain tasks to maintain a diverse workforce for possible emergent work. We also move core group craft employees from site to site to support refueling outages and forced outages.
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Connect with APTIM
Learn more about APTIM's operations and maintenance capabilities.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's environmental newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.