Disaster Debris Management and Removal Services, Hurricanes Gustav and Ike
APTIM’s team provided comprehensive disaster debris management services for debris removal efforts from public property and rights-of-way on Grand Isle, which was hit particularly hard and inundated with sand debris when the levee on the gulf side of the island failed. We assessed private property damage as part of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)’s Private Property Debris Removal (PPDR) program. Through our efforts, our team established temporary debris staging, disposal, and reduction sites on Grand Isle and coordinated clean-up efforts for the removal of vegetative, construction and demolition (C&D), and sand debris. We served as liaison between parish and town officials and assisted the parish to secure FEMA approval of sand removal from private property where it was an imminent threat to the drainage system.
- Assisted the parish to develop bid documents to secure prices from pre-qualified hauling processing and disposal contractors
- Provided field inspectors and monitors for right-of-way debris removal
- Monitored citizen drop-off sites
- Identified temporary debris staging, disposal, and reduction sites
- Maintained a load ticket database entering tickets daily
- Provided daily reports to the Parish for release to FEMA and Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ)
- Prepared geographic information system (GIS) tracking maps to inform the client and the public of work progress
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Submit A Request
Whether you have a question about a specific product or service, want to apply for a career, are interested in an investment opportunity or just want more information in general, we’re here for you.
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's environmental newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.