Bayou Teche Flood Control Structure, St. Mary Levee District
APTIM is constructing a flood protection structure in Bayou Teche, creating a closed flood protection system to protect the city of Franklin and neighboring unincorporated areas from flooding. This area of protection includes approximately 6,500 properties with 79% of that total being residential properties with a population of approximately 13,500. Around 22,000 agriculture acres are also included in this area of protection.
- Construction and installation of a steel floodgate
- Construction of steel receiving structure
- Installation of braced steel sheet pile floodwalls
- Installation of mooring pile and protection dolphins
- Installation of pivot and pull structures
- Construction and installation of a levee
- Dredging and scour protection
APTIM. Expect the Extraordinary.
Submit A Request
Subscribe to the APTIM Xchange Newsletter
APTIM's environmental newsletter, The APTIM Xchange, provides industry news flashes, regulatory updates, service spotlights, and topical columns from our subject matter experts.