Chicago Department of Aviation
APTIM was asked to provide a vision for an airport strategic energy management plan to help them achieve a 15% reduction in energy consumption. Within this plan, APTIM managed energy efficiency analysis and implementation through comprehensive energy benchmarking; facilitated energy efficiency incentives, rebates and grants; provided metering in the form of an energy dashboard to track consumption of 800+ utility meters as well as monthly meter analysis; and created a GIS mapping of meters and other assets.
Chicago’s position as a model for airport sustainability focused on five specific goals to reach by 2015:
- Reduce energy consumption by 15%
- Reduce potable water consumption by 10%
- Divert a minimum of 50% of waste from landfills
- Maintain a fleet of at least 20% green vehicles
- Reach the Airport Service Quality program’s Top 10 ranking